Contrats de licences et asymétrie d'information
AbstractThis paper deals with the form of licencing contracts when there is asymmetric information. We show that when the licensor has private information he can signals the high quality patents through contracts based on royalties. Conversely, when the licensee has more information about the value of the patent, contracts including only a fixed fee attract those for whom the innovation has a high value.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by ENSAE in its journal Annals of Economics and Statistics.
Volume (Year): (1991)
Issue (Month): 24 ()
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:hal:wpaper:halshs-00595493 is not listed on IDEAS
- Rabah Amir & David Encaoua & Yassine Lefouili, 2013. "Optimal Licensing of Uncertain Patents in the Shadow of Litigation," UniversitÃ© Paris1 PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers), HAL halshs-00847955, HAL.
- BHATTACHARYA, Sudipto & D’ASPREMONT, Claude & GURIEV, Sergei & SEN, Debapriya, 2012. "Cooperation in R&D: patenting, licensing and contracting," CORE Discussion Papers, UniversitÃ© catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE) 2012055, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Macho, I. & Martinez-Giralt, X. & Perez-Castrillo, D., 1993.
"The Role of Information in Licensing Contract Design,"
UFAE and IAE Working Papers, Unitat de Fonaments de l'AnÃ lisi EconÃ²mica (UAB) and Institut d'AnÃ lisi EconÃ²mica (CSIC)
216.93, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Macho-Stadler, Ines & Martinez-Giralt, Xavier & David Perez-Castrillo, J., 1996. "The role of information in licensing contract design," Research Policy, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 43-57, January.
- Toshihiro Matsumura & Noriaki Matsushima & Giorgos Stamatopoulos, 2010. "Location equilibrium with asymmetric firms: the role of licensing," Journal of Economics, Springer, Springer, vol. 99(3), pages 267-276, April.
- Rabah Amir & David Encaoua & Yassine Lefouili, 2011. "Per-Unit Royalty vs Fixed Fee: The Case of Weak Patents," UniversitÃ© Paris1 PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers), HAL halshs-00595493, HAL.
- Giorgos Stamatopoulos, 2008. "On the possibility of licensing in a market with logit demand functions," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 4(17), pages 1-11.
- repec:hal:wpaper:halshs-00847955 is not listed on IDEAS
- Isabelle Liotard, 2012. "Les plateformes d'innovation sur Internet : arrangements contractuels, intermédiation et gestion de la propriété intellectuelle," Post-Print, HAL hal-00680366, HAL.
- Yair Tauman & Debrapiya Sen, 2012. "Patents and Licenses," Department of Economics Working Papers, Stony Brook University, Department of Economics 12-05, Stony Brook University, Department of Economics.
- Sen, Debapriya, 2005. "On the coexistence of different licensing schemes," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 393-413.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Robert Gary-Bobo).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.