Sélection adverse et aversion pour le risque
AbstractThe purpose of this paper is to study a simple example of an adverse selection problem in a Principal-Agent relationship, where uncertainty is not resolved at the time the contract is signed. It is shown that the agent's risk-aversion then plays a critical role in determining the shape of the optimal contract; more precisely, a bunching phenomenon will occur for large (but finite) values of the agent's absolute index of risk-aversion. Since this phenomenon is absent in the two extreme cases of zero or infinite risk-aversion, it is argued that one would miss important points in focussing on these (simpler) cases, as is usually done.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by ENSAE in its journal Annals of Economics and Statistics.
Volume (Year): (1990)
Issue (Month): 18 ()
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Marco LiCalz & Alessandro Pavan, 2002.
"Tilting the Supply Schedule to Enhance Competition on Uniform-Price Auctions,"
1495, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- LiCalzi, Marco & Pavan, Alessandro, 2005. "Tilting the supply schedule to enhance competition in uniform-price auctions," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 227-250, January.
- Marco LiCalzi & Alessandro Pavan, 2002. "Tilting the Supply Schedule to Enhance Competition in Uniform- Price Auctions," Game Theory and Information 0210003, EconWPA.
- Marco LiCalzi & Alessandro Pavan, 2003. "Tilting the Supply Schedule to Enhance Competition in Uniform-Price Auctions," Working Papers 2003.22, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- George-Marios Angeletos & Alessandro Pavan, 2006.
"Socially Optimal Coordination: Characterization and Policy Implications,"
1496, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- George-Marios Angeletos & Alessandro Pavan, 2007. "Socially Optimal Coordination: Characterization and Policy Implications," Journal of the European Economic Association, MIT Press, vol. 5(2-3), pages 585-593, 04-05.
- George-Marios Angeletos & Alessandro Pavan, 2006. "Socially Optimal Coordination: Characterization and Policy Implications," NBER Working Papers 12778, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Robert Gary-Bobo).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.