Résolution d'un modèle macroéconomique avec anticipations rationnelles
AbstractThe simulation of a model with rational expectations requires the solution of a system of difference equations with initial and terminal conditions over an infinite time period. This paper first considers the linear case and investigates the kind of errors which result from the substitution of a finite horizon to the infinite one. The results which are found are applied to the evaluation of the various methods of choice of this horizon and the terminal conditions which are related to it, when the model is nonlinear. Then the paper gives a short review of the methods of simulation which are currently used in macroeconomics. Finally it presents a method of relaxation which has not been used yet in economics: this method rests upon the algorithm of Newton-Raphson and the triangulation of a large matrix by Gauss' elimination.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by ENSAE in its journal Annals of Economics and Statistics.
Volume (Year): (1990)
Issue (Month): 17 ()
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bergin, Paul R; Lin, Ching Yi, 2010.
"The Dynamic Effects of Currency Union on Trade,"
CAGE Online Working Paper Series
11, Competitive Advantage in the Global Economy (CAGE).
- Bodenstein, Martin, 2010.
"Trade elasticity of substitution and equilibrium dynamics,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 145(3), pages 1033-1059, May.
- Martin Bodenstein, 2008. "Trade elasticity of substitution and equilibrium dynamics," International Finance Discussion Papers 934, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Martin Bodenstein, 2009. "Trade Elasticity of Substitution and Equilibrium Dynamics," 2009 Meeting Papers 766, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Matteo Cacciatore, 2012. "International Trade and Macroeconomic Dynamics with Labor Market Frictions," 2012 Meeting Papers 875, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Gary S. Anderson, . "An Application of Sparse Methods to Solving a Multi-Country Model With Rational Expectations," Computing in Economics and Finance 1996 _063, Society for Computational Economics.
- Jean-Louis Brillet, 1999. "A Technique for Solving Rational-Expectations Models," Computing in Economics and Finance 1999 333, Society for Computational Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Robert Gary-Bobo).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.