Price Differences in the EC Car Market. Some Further Results
AbstractWe show that price differences across EC countries have seriously decreased in 1986-87 compared with 1983-84. It is however difficult to assess whether this evolution is due to exchange rate variations going "in the right direction" or to voluntary decisions made by producers to comply with EC regulations. We also show that exchange rate and production cost variations do not seem to be transmitted to export prices; exporters merely follow prices set by domestic producers.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by ENSAE in its journal Annals of Economics and Statistics.
Volume (Year): (1989)
Issue (Month): 15-16 ()
Other versions of this item:
- Victor Ginsburgh & Geneviève Vanhamme, 1989. "Price differences in the EC car market: some further results," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/1737, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Reis, Hugo J. & Santos Silva, J.M.C., 2006.
"Hedonic prices indexes for new passenger cars in Portugal (1997-2001),"
Elsevier, vol. 23(6), pages 890-908, December.
- Hugo J. Reis & J.M.C.Santos Silva, 2002. "Hedonic Prices Indexes for New Passenger Cars in Portugal (1997-2001)," Economic Bulletin and Financial Stability Report Articles, Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
- Hugo J. Reis & J.M.C. Santos Silva, 2003. "Hedonic Prices Indexes for New Passenger Cars in Portugal (1997- 2001)," Econometrics 0303003, EconWPA.
- Hugo J. Reis & J.M.C.Santos Silva, 2002. "Hedonic Prices Indexes for New Passenger Cars in Portugal (1997-2001)," Working Papers w200210, Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
- Ginsburgh, Victor & Weber, Shlomo, 2002.
"Product Lines and Price Discrimination in the European Car Market,"
University of Manchester, vol. 70(1), pages 101-14, January.
- GINSBURGH, Victor & WEBER, Shlomo, 1996. "Product Lines and Price Discrimination in the European Car Market," CORE Discussion Papers 1996007, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Victor Ginsburgh & Shlomo Weber, 2002. "Product lines and price discrimination in the European car market," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/1689, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- GINSBURGH , Victor & WEBER, Shlomo, . "Product lines and price discrimination in the European car market," CORE Discussion Papers RP -1547, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Guillaume Gaulier & Séverine Haller, 2000. "The Convergence of Automobile Prices in the European Union: an Empirical Analysis for the Period 1993-1999," Working Papers 2000-14, CEPII research center.
- Gil-Pareja, Salvador, 2003. "Pricing to market behaviour in European car markets," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 47(6), pages 945-962, December.
- Bletschacher, Georg & Klodt, Henning, 1992. "Strategische Handels- und Industriepolitik : theoretische Grundlagen, Branchenanalysen und wettbewerbspolitische Implikationen," Open Access Publications from Kiel Institute for the World Economy 456, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Robert Gary-Bobo).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.