The Exact Moments of a Ratio of Quadratic Forms in Normal Variables
AbstractThe exact moments of x'Ax/x'Bx are obtained, where x is a normally distributed vector with some mean (possibly nonzero) and positive definite covariance matrix, A is symmetric and B positive semi definite. These moments appear as simple integrals which can be evaluated numerically in a straightforward manner. In addition, the precise conditions for the existence of the moments are found. Some related results are also reported.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by ENSAE in its journal Annals of Economics and Statistics.
Volume (Year): (1986)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Grant Hillier & Raymond Kan & Xiaolu Wang, 2008.
"Computationally efficient recursions for top-order invariant polynomials with applications,"
CeMMAP working papers
CWP07/08, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Hillier, Grant & Kan, Raymond & Wang, Xiaolu, 2009. "Computationally Efficient Recursions For Top-Order Invariant Polynomials With Applications," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 25(01), pages 211-242, February.
- repec:hal:journl:halshs-00476024 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kees Jan van Garderen & H. Peter Boswijk, 2013. "Bias correcting adjustment coefficients in a cointegrated VAR with known cointegrating vectors," UvA-Econometrics Working Papers 13-05, Universiteit van Amsterdam, Dept. of Econometrics.
- Christophe Hurlin & Elena Dumitrescu, 2012.
"Testing for Granger Non-causality in Heterogeneous Panels,"
- Dumitrescu, Elena-Ivona & Hurlin, Christophe, 2012. "Testing for Granger non-causality in heterogeneous panels," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 1450-1460.
- Marcus J. Chambers, 2013. "The Calculation of Some Limiting Distributions Arising in Near-Integrated Models with GLS Detrending," Economics Discussion Papers 727, University of Essex, Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Robert Gary-Bobo).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.